* Story Time is $35.00 a month with option to perform in the spring performance.
1 class $45.00
2 classes $80.00
3 classes $110.00
4 classes $125.00
5 classes $140.00
6 classes $160.00
7 classes $175.00
8 classes $190.00
Offering Military, Sibling and Twin discounts!
* Discounts go towards monthly tuition only and can not be combined.
Private lessons offered.
Class Tuition and Recital Fees
Prices include discounts when taking multiple classes. Classes start in September and end with a spring performance in June. Payment is due the 1st of every month. Costume deposit will be due November 15th, with the remaining balance due January 15th. There will be a $30.00 non refundable deposit for each class the student takes. Costume(s) will NOT be given out until tuition and costumes are paid in full.
All students are expected to participate in our annual recital. This is an exciting and rewarding experience when students can demonstrate their talents and abilities. It helps to develop confidence, self-esteem and a sense of accomplishment. Costume deposit will be due November 15th, with the remainder balance due January 15th. There will be a $30.00 deposit for each class the student takes. Costume(s) will NOT be given out until tuition and costumes are paid in full.
As we get closer to our June performance, we will send out the rehearsal schedule. Rehearsals are held the week of the show. Students are expected to attend all rehearsals and stay for the duration of their scheduled time as this is the last chance to clean up, make changes, and polish the dances. If dancers miss rehearsals there is a possibility that they might be removed from certain sections if changes were made. If dancers miss the final dress rehearsal before the show, there is a possibility they will not be able to perform. Even when one person misses, she/he can upset the balance of the spacing.
Alterations on costumes may be needed and are the responsibility of the parent/guardian. Costumes are not custom made.
Students are allowed 5 free makeup or extra classes, to take at their leisure, throughout the 10 months. Please note that if your child only takes ballet the makeup or extra class must be ballet. Berkeley Center for Dance snow cancellations will run with Berkeley County Schools. If snow starts during class, teachers will use their best judgment for early dismissal. If a class is cancelled more than three times, it will be rescheduled. Please check the studio's website, Facebook or Instagram to confirm closings.
The studio will remain open on teacher workdays. All studio closings are listed in our Calendar.
Policies & General Rules
Students must be prompt and prepared for classes. Please see dress code for proper attire.
Pre-school and Kindergarten parents - Please take your child to the restroom before class to avoid accidents and disruption of the class.
-Please, no interruptions during class unless there is an emergency.
- No food, drink or gum in the dance room; water bottles are allowed.
- Cell phones are not to be used in class and should be kept in the bag with the sound turned off.
- Please remember you're always representing the studio whether it be at a performance or on social media, so keep it positive.
- Bring a good attitude to class. Attitudes that are disrespectful, uncooperative, or aggressive do not have a place at Berkeley Center for Dance.
- Students will not speak negatively about one another. Team work is a must!
- And remember to smile, learn, and have fun in each class!
- Students are expected to be present and on time for all classes. It is very important that all dancers get the appropriate warm-up needed to avoid injury. Classes may be made up at their convenience.
- If students are absent from class, they are responsible for learning the steps taught in the missed lesson.
- If attendance becomes a problem, students may miss out on performance opportunities.
- Students are allowed 5 free makeup or extra classes throughout the 10 months, which can be taken at their leisure.
Parents, siblings, and observers are not permitted in the classroom at any time. We need the dancers full attention. The studio will have parent presentation week close to the holiday season. More information will be sent out closer to that time.
Pick-up & Drop-off
Please drop-off and pick-up your child within 15 minutes of class time. Your child's safety is our top priority.
Lost and Found
Please mark all dancewear, shoes, and personal items with your child’s name. We will make every effort to locate and return lost items; however, we cannot be responsible for any items that your child brings to class.
Occasionally we will post photos of our classes, performances, and general "studio life." These photos are used for advertising, Facebook, Instagram, and our website.
There will be a $10 late fee after ten days, $20.00 late fee after the 20th and $30.00 late fee charged on all accounts if tuition is not paid after the 3oth of the month.
Returned Check Fee
There is a $30 fee for a check returned NSF.